The Shoalhaven is the perfect location to establish and grow your defence business.
Key advantages include:
- The Shoalhaven is Australia’s centre for naval aviation
- Strategically located between Sydney and Canberra
- Supportive business environment
- Competitive business costs
- Dedicated technology park next to HMAS Albatross with direct access to the base and runways
- Major centre for training Navy and Army helicopter crews
- $500 million upgrades to HMAS Albatross since 2000
- Skilled, stable workforce of over 600 locals working in defence-related industries
- University of Wollongong and TAFE NSW provide strong links between local high schools and industry
- Attractive, affordable coastal or rural lifestyle with lower house prices than metro locations
How the NSW Government can help you
The NSW Government offers a range of incentives to attract new and growing businesses to regional NSW.
Businesses can take advantage of benefits including access to an investment concierge for expert and tailored support, grants and relocation assistance for skilled workers.
- Comparative investment metrics, data and potential locations
- Coordination across key government agencies and regulatory bodies
- Assistance in identifying business-to-business solutions and opportunities
- Information on relocation and visa requirements
- Introductions to national and state industry associations
The Regional NSW Investment Coordinator provides end-to-end support for businesses, providing an interface across NSW Government agencies to provide tailored advice.
Eligible businesses can apply for grants and interest-free loans to help them establish themselves in regional NSW and create new jobs.